Google
 
| 1 comments ]

Legacy keyboardToday i will tell you about a computer problem. When you start up your computer, have you ever found, dark screen that looks old fashioned DOS type with white text on a black background (as seen in left picture). Dark screen explain something about computer model Software, such as Pentium(R) 4 , Bios version, memory etc etc. but the simple message is
legacy keyboard - detected
legacy mouse - detected
USB Legacy - Enabled

It informs me to strike the "F4 Key" to continue and setup computer settings. When I do, it's take me to Bios Setup Page.
So lets back to the topic that How i found this problem.

1. When main power switch on for my room, Computer turn on automatically without press power button on CPU. ( Normally have to press power button on CPU)

2. Computer screen shows dark screen that looks old fashioned DOS type with white text on a black background. Dark screen explain something about computer model Software, such as Pentium(R) 4 , Bios version, memory etc etc. but the simple message is
legacy keyboard - detected
legacy mouse - detected
USB Legacy - Enabled

It informs me to strike the "F4 Key" to continue and setup computer settings.

3. When I do, it's take me to Bios Setup Page.

4. I tried to change some settings Bios setup page
then press F10 for save and exit from setup page. but it's worthless and problem occur many time or many days when i turn on main power switch in room. So every time i press F10 for save and exit. I thought it's some kind Virus and etc....

5. as i am not expert in computer so i search this problem in Internet. and i did found some question and answer about it. but most of them describe you computer and bios setup. which is i found quite difficult to understand because as i told you i am not an expert in computer. Only few answer are telling you what to do for the problem.

Bios Battery

6. I recall few years ago one of my friend help me for change bios battery, so decide to change bios battery. So i went Powerbuy ( IT and electronic store in Thailand) and bought Lithium battery 3V ( model #2032) and change. Then problem is gone so fast...

7. Note: also notice your Computer time, if it's slower or give you wrong time even you set it everyday.

So if your computer also behave as i told you above or computer time and date is slower then local time. it might be the time for change New battery. I told this problem to my friend he don't believe me he ask me where do you put this Lithium battery. :) I hope you know where is the Lithium battery. battery is in Motherboard.

These are few advise from me if you ever get the same problem . try to think when you have change your Bios battery ? or never change?
  • Share On Facebook
  • Tweet This Post


1 comments

Neezhom photographic said... @ August 3, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Peace and hi dear friend. Hehe, glad u made it!! that's PC world, trial and error :D

So your BIOS need to press F4 to enter CMOS SETUP eh, mine must press F1 and other BIOS maybe must press other key. But usually F4 or F1

congratulations and great post buddy!! all the best :)

Post a Comment